Cargo Chief enables organizations to streamline their processes by optimizing pre-booking, improving carrier relationships, and reducing administrative time and costs.
The C4 Booking Assistant is Cargo Chief's Digital Freight Matching (DFM) application. When the integration is active, it allows customers to automate carrier outreach and offer processing from within the TMS.
Activating the Integration
Add a new integration source and select source type Cargo Chief.
Authentication will occur by selecting the "C4 Oauth" button. When the modal opens, you must sign in using your credentials from C4. This will generate an access token and a refresh token.
DFM (Shipment Sync)
The DFM integration is C4’s way of importing loads into their system.
Two integrations will have to be added to enable sending of shipments on create and update. The booked status is essential for DFM Shipment Sync to work.
Use the following source types:
- Shipment Create Webhook: The system will trigger this webhook any time a shipment is created, regardless of shipment status.
- Shipment Update Webhook: The system will trigger this webhook when updating the shipment status.
It is important to understand that all shipments will be submitted to C4, however, C4 will only begin to process a shipment when the shipment status is set to Booked. If a shipment is created in Booked status, it will trigger via the Shipment Create Webhook. Similarly, if a shipment is created in any other status, including Quoted, it will still be submitted to C4, however, C4 will only begin to process once they identify the shipment is Booked.
Webhook Integration Source settings:
- WebhookUrl - https://tai.cargochief.com/XXXX This represents the endpoint we are sending out shipment data to. C4 will provide the production URL similar to the one initially mentioned. This URL sends the shipment information to C4’s environment; XXXX is an identifier for the broker on their end, and they will provide the Support team/Onboarding team with this broker identifier via Slack Channel.
- Authorization - Bearer ec632808-36ad-4190-91ad-a29650e56522. This is fixed and it identifies that the request is generated from Tai.
- The same setup is required in both the Create Webhook and Update Webhook.
- After the setup is complete, the Linked Organization needs to be set and will ensure that shipments for that organization are submitted.
The TMS connects to the Cargo Chief capacity API as soon as we access Truckload Quoting and it will identify available carriers based on zip code location and equipment type.
The carrier's capacity data is found under Carrier Quotes. If a master carrier does not exist, the capacity data will still be displayed with black text instead of the link.
Carrier Capacity can also fail due to an invalid date (Pickup date passed) and the error will result in a toaster popup.
Carrier Offer DFM (Shipment Sync)
C4 will hit the Cargo Chief webhook when they receive carrier offers from shipments we sent over to them. Spot quotes will be added under Active Quotes in Truckload Quoting and they will be automatically pinned.
Pricing (Rates and Transactions)
Under Market Intelligence in Truckload Quoting C4 will provide the current rate a broker can expect to pay for a particular lane and pickup date. Once you access Truckload Quoting, the system makes two calls to the API, one displaying the rates for Lane average, Lowest and Highest, and the other calculating the moves in the last 15 days.
Note: The pickup and delivery estimated dates are required in the shipment for this information to populate.