Triumph Pay provides an efficient solution for streamlining back-office carrier payment operations.
Integration Source Setup
There needs to be a setup on the Triumph Pay Side. They will contact us once this is done so we can proceed with the integration in Tai.
- A username and password are required for the integration source.
- Use integration source parameter "testing" must = "true" to hit their test server.
- Select the LSP Organization that will be used with Triumph Pay.
- If you will sync bill payments to QuickBooks, add the source setting "AccountName," In the value, add the bank's name exactly as you have it in GL Accounts in Accounting Sync.
Note: This will work with just one bank; currently, we can only register bill payments under one account.
Payee Profile (Our Carrier Sync to Them)
The Payee Profile sync is an automated job that runs once every 15 minutes. The job looks specifically at the modified date of the broker carrier. Any carriers modified after a specific date will be sent to their API.
We send Triumph Pay an External Payee Key (our broker carrier id), company name, mc number, dot number, and address information. We also send over primary contact information, prioritized by broker carrier contacts that are favorited on our end.
Finally, we send over remit address information which can either be based on the factoring organization address information; if it exists; otherwise, it will default to the carrier's remit payment address information.
This job will create a LastPayeeProfileSyncDate, an integration source parameter that automatically gets updated anytime this job is run. The value entered is the date that the modified date looks at to determine the most recent carriers to send over.
Payee Relationships (Their Carrier Sync to Us)
The Payee Relationships sync is an automated job that runs once a day after business hours. This particular job runs at 6 PM PST. The job will pull in all carriers modified on Triumph Pay's end within the last day.
The carrier data received from Triumph Pay is only relevant if the remit address information that Triumph Pay has is different from the remit address information stored in the TMS (LSP Broker Carriers). Specifically, we will pull in the bank address information and keep it in our remit payment address information on the broker carrier field.
This job will create a LastPayeeRelationshipSyncDate saved as an integration source parameter that automatically gets updated anytime the job runs.
Shipment data will be synchronized to Triumph Pay anytime a shipment status is updated and the shipment statuses are within (inclusive of) READY and DELIVERED. A shipment activity log will be saved indicating, "Load information sent over to Triumph Pay." If there is an error from Triumph Pay, we will display "Error sending load information to Triumph Pay." The error from Triumph Pay will be added to the shipment activity log entry.
Shipment Sync Data Elements:
- ExternalLoadKey = Shipment Id
- ExternalPayeeKey = Broker Carrier Id
- LoadStatusId = Quoted -> Pending. Booked/Ready/Sent -> Booked, Dispatched/InTransit/OutForDelivery -> InTransit, Delivered/Default -> Delivered
- ReferenceNO = Shipment Id
- PickupDate = First Pick: Actual Arrival Date Time if it has a value, otherwise Scheduled
- Ready Date Time
- OriginName = First Pick: CompanyName
- OriginAddress1 = First Pick: Address.StreetAddress
- OriginAddress2 = First Pick: Address.StreetAddressTwo
- OriginCity = First Pick: Address.City
- OriginState = First Pick: Address.State
- OriginPostalCode = First Pick: Address.ZipCode
- OriginCountry = First Pick: Address.Country
- DeliveryDate = Last Drop: Actual Arrival Date Time if it has a value, otherwise, it will use the Scheduled Ready Date Time
- DestinationConsignee = Last Drop:CompanyName
- DestinationAddress1 = Last Drop:Address.StreetAddress
- DestinationAddress2 = Last Drop:Address.StreetAddressTwo
- DestinationCity = Last Drop:Address.City
- DestinationState = Last Drop:Address.State
- DestinationPostalCode = Last Drop:Address.ZipCode
- DestinationCountry = Last Drop:Address.Country
- Distance = Mileage
- DistanceUnits = Miles
- TotalWeight = Shipment Commodity Summed Total Weight
- WeightUnitTypeId = Lb or Kg (DEPENDS ON WEIGHT UNIT IN TMS)
- EquipmentType = Flatbed -> Flatbed, Reefer -> Reefer, Van -> DryVan, Default -> Other
- LoadDescription = Commodity Descriptions Comma Separated (ie Description1, Description2)
- LTLFlag = If Shipment Type IS LTL
- AssignedTrailerNumber = Shipment Reference Number Trailer Number
- LineItems = Buy from Linehaul Pricing
Invoice Sync (Carrier Bill)
The carrier bill data will be synchronized to Triumph Pay during the Bill Approval process. An activity log will be generated on the shipment with "Bill information sent over to Triumph Pay." If there is an error from Triumph Pay, we will say, "Error sending bill information to Triumph Pay."
Invoice Sync Data Elements
- ExternalInvoiceKey = Bill Id
- ExternalLoadKey = Shipment Id
- ExternalPayeeKey = Broker Carrier Id
- InvoiceImportedStatusId = AvailableForPayment
- InvoiceNo = Bill Number
- ReferenceNo = Shipment Id
- GrossAmount = Bill TotalAmount
- PayorAdjustmentAmount = 0
- NetAmount = Bill TotalAmount
- DueDate = Bill Due Date
- ApprovedDate = Bill Date
- LineItems = Bill Pricing Info
Triumph Pay Invoice Draft Sync
The Invoice Draft Sync is an automated job that runs once a day, at 6 PM PST. The job will pull in invoice drafts created in Triumph Pay within the last day. The invoice draft from Triumph Pay creates a Bill Payment in the TMS. When we receive the invoice draft, we generate the bill payment with a Check Memo "Triumph Pay Debit." The Check Ref is the invoice draft ID from Triumph Pay + the TMS broker carrier ID. The invoice draft ID can be used to reference back to Triumph Pay.
This job will create a LastInvoiceDraftSyncDate, which is an integration source parameter that automatically gets updated anytime the job runs.
Choose which carrier syncs to Triumph Pay
Decide which carrier you want bills syncing over to triumph pay by adding value on the Ignore Triumph Pay Bill Sync Broker carrier parameter in the carrier profile.
Accounting sync exception
Shipments will be sent to Accounting Sync Exception under the Truckload Operations Dashboard whenever there is an issue in the syncing process. You will find more details about why the system could not sync the shipment in the activity log.
One error is when there is an attempt to approve a bill with only a factoring company but no carrier. Adding a factoring company without a carrier can be done from the shipment summary screen scrolling down to Cost Calculation and clicking "Add Factoring Org" after it is added, the system will enable the option to approve a bill without the carrier. If you attempt to approve the bill this way, the system will flag the Accounting Sync Exception alert.
Triumph Pay Bill Trigger
We added a Triumph Pay Bill Trigger button under the Accounting tab in the shipment summary to manually attempt to resync shipments to Triumph Pay whenever there was a sync exception.
To see the button, the shipment must be in delivered status, have a bill approved, and a Triumph Pay integration must be linked to the organization.
If the resync is successful, we will automatically remove the Accounting Sync Exception alert.
The staff member must have one of the following permissions to have the ability to resync shipments to Triumph Pay TMS Site Admin and Accounting AP Approve Bills.