This article will continue off of the Tariff Wizard tutorial, and provide you with further information on how to review and utilize the Tariff Profile:
Quick Reference Video Summary:
- Much like a Shipment Profile, this Tariff Profile allows you to review the details of a tariff, so that you can fine-tune things like requirements, lane details, bill to information, effective date/expiration date, attachments, and more!
- Clicking Edit Record will allow you to manipulate the editable fields of the Tariff
- The top-level menu of a Tariff Profile will allow you to view or manipulate the following:
- Activity Log: shows all the activity performed on the tariff
- Accessorials: allows you to add tariff accessorials or lane accessorials
- Tariff Tools: allows you to Attach Documents, Link Tariffs (to Organizations, Customers, and Brokers so that other entities can view these rates), review Liability Coverage, and edit the BOL
- Import/Export CSV: allows you to import or export a tariff from excel using the Tariff Import Template
- The Tariff Import Template can be viewed by clicking the Import/Export link and then the 'Template' button
- Tariff Profiles can be accessed directly from Rates > Tariffs, where you will see a search screen that allows you to search through all of your tariffs and make edits if needed
- Tariff Settings
- Dimensions Required - When set, requires dimensions to exist on the shipment in order to be taken into account during the rating process.
- Pallets Required - When set, requires the Package Type to be equal to Pallets or Skids in order to be taken into account during the rating process.
- Display in Front Office - When set, allows the tariff to be available for use in the Front Office (Customer Portal)
- Freight Class Required - When set, requires Freight Class to exist on the commodity in order to be taken into account during the rating process.
- NMFC Required - When set, requires NMFC on the commodity in order to be taken into account during the rating process.